Don Williams and I will be presenting an introductory course on image quality testing next month in San Francisco. We adopt a two-hour format, providing a background for those interested in other courses on, e.g., Color Calibration, Image Noise Analysis, or 3D acquisition. IS&T’s Electronic Imaging Symposium will be held at the Hilton Hotel in Union Square.
- Why measure Imaging performance for image capture?
- Standards versus Guidelines
- Benchmarking competing systems
- Color test charts, and standard reporting
- Reference software: free and commercial
- Sources of variability and measurement error
Course Title: EI01: Introduction to Image Quality Testing: Targets, Software, and Standards*
Sunday, February 14, 2016, 8:00 – 10:00 am
Course Length: 2 hours
This course is intended for a wide audience: image scientists, quality engineers, and others evaluating digital camera and scanner performance. No background in imaging performance (optical distortion, color-error, MTF, etc.) evaluation will be assumed.
*prices for all increase by $50 after January 14, 2016